Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Up and Running

Reading groups are up and running, so watch for books to be coming home. At this time, there is not a parent signing sheet, however students are still expected to read at home. They should be encouraged to read the book twice, however if they only get through once, that is fine. They need to read aloud to "someone". We talked that it could be a big/little brother/sister, parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent or even the dog/cat. As long as we are reading aloud.

Update on my departure:

My third grade position was posted online and they are currently in the interview process. If everything continues to run smoothly, my last day in the classroom would be October 4th. Then I will continue to be involved and co-teach with my replacement. This also allows me to practice "coaching" for my new role. I would be completely out of the classroom by Friday, October 11th. I WILL be doing conferences the following week, alongside my replacement.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I plan to make this transition go as smoothly as possible.


Other classroom updates:

*  Fundraiser booklets ARE DUE NOW. :-) We have done an amazing job selling as a class and I look forward to coming back and celebrating our success.

* Math homelinks will come home on a more consistent basis as we are moving along in our curriculum.

* "Stuff" needs to be left home. Some students are bringing jewelry, action figures, perfumes, lipsticks, bouncy balls, stuffed animals, etc.. However, all these items need to be left at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment