Thursday, December 4, 2014

Black Trees

I LOVE art! It is a passion of mine and love to teach it. I use it as an opportunity to bring out a child's creativeness as well as teaching them to give art a chance. We learn really fast to work through our mistakes and "make it work". We have really been loving directed draws. Here the students use a sharpie marker (so they can't erase) and follow me step by step. I show them what each line should look like without telling them what we are actually drawing. I go through each step of the drawing with them in this way. When we use our Sharpies they can't erase and make it look like mine. I also draw with a Sharpie so I can't erase (I'm somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to art so this is a struggle for me at times).

Here is our version of Black Trees. I get some of my ideas from a wonderful art website, Deep Space Sparkle, and some ideas I get from all over the web and take bits and pieces and put them together into my own idea. If you have any questions feel free to ask.









No comments:

Post a Comment