Monday, September 29, 2014

Say Cheese! and other notes

We are off to a great start to our week. Here are some updates from our classroom.

Pictures:
     * Forms are due asap. If you are not planning to order, that is fine. We will still take your child's photo for the yearbook. Pictures are on Oct. 2nd (THURSDAY!).

Snacks:
     * Our snack cupboard is running low. If you would like to donate some snacks to our room that would be fantastic and greatly appreciated. Some items that work well are animal crackers, applesauce, crackers, granola bars or fruit strips. We use these snacks on Mondays for students who forget a snack and on days when we have a funky fruit or vegetable like peas, in which not too many students will eat them. My goal is to make sure that everyone has a decent portion to keep them going throughout the day.

Clothing:
     * As Mother Nature starts to figure out whether we are going to be cold or hot, please remember to send appropriate clothing with your child. It might be a good idea to get in the habit of packing a sweatshirt or coat and hat in their bag every day. You never know what you will get with North Dakota weather.
Also, it is a good time to start thinking about cold weather gear. With that being said, if at any time you are having a hard time getting any items, please let me know. From snowpants, boots, coats and even tennis shoes, if you are finding your family in a place that it might be financially difficult to buy these items, please let me know. I have some pretty good connections that might be able to help. :-)

Math Test:
     *  You might be asking yourself about the math test your child took last week. I am hanging onto them and will go over them at conference time. Which reminds me...

Conferences:
     *  You should have gotten an email to sign up for conferences. Please do so asap. If by some chance there isn't a time on there that works for you, let me know right away and I am very willing to work with you. I would rather be super flexible for you than not meet at all.

Wow! A lot more notes than I thought. Hopefully I remembered everything. One more thing...

     I have been having "Lunch Bunch" with the kids to get to know them on a more personal level and one thing I have been asking is what I can change to make 3rd grade better for them. I am opening the floor to you as parents. If there is something you would like to see me do that I am not currently doing, or if something I am doing is driving you crazy, please let me know. I am always looking to improve my ways and LOVE parent feedback, the good and the bad. So, please email me your honest (but kind) thoughts so I know how the year is going not only for your child, but for you as well.

Have a wonderful evening and enjoy the weather.

Mrs. Farkas

No comments:

Post a Comment