Friday, November 16, 2012

Turkey Plea Writing

Here are some finished products:


Luke

A Turkey’s Last Plea
Imagine you are a turkey. You must convince someone not to cook you for Thanksgiving dinner. What would you say to convince them?

You cannot eat me. I have a very important job. I am the president. I make the laws. I know there will be an election coming up soon. I really want to be around. You know you should not eat the president for Thanksgiving. So… please do not eat me.

Jaxon

A Turkey’s Last Plea
Imagine you are a turkey. You must convince someone not to cook you for Thanksgiving dinner. What would you say to convince them?

Please don’t eat me because I’m a video game hero! Who else but Mario can throw fireballs? I can even dodge the fireballs. And I can jump higher than any of you. And who can drive a go cart better than me? And when I put on the brown raccoon costume, I can fly through the air! One thing I know for sure is that I look better standing here in front of you in this red hat than I would cooking in the oven. And this is why you shouldn’t eat Mario for Thanksgiving.

Brooke

A Turkey’s Last Plea
Imagine you are a turkey. You must convince someone not to cook you for Thanksgiving dinner. What would you say to convince them?

Dear Townsfolk,
You can’t eat me for Thanksgiving dinner because I have to make kids laugh and I have to be at the circus at 10:00. Also I might taste funny. So my point is if you want to still have “funny jokes” your best choice right now would be NOT TO EAT ME!
Your non-Thanksgiving dinner,
Clown Turkey

Taylor

A Turkey’s Last Plea
Imagine you are a turkey. You must convince someone not to cook you for Thanksgiving dinner. What would you say to convince them?

You should not eat this turkey because it has space radiation. Due to its prolonged exposure to solar flares the turkey is tough and dry. You cannot eat me because I will be outside the atmosphere. You will never be able to catch me because I’ll be in a rocket ship. This is not the turkey you’re looking for. You wouldn’t be able to find me because I would be on the dark side of the moon. Good luck trying to catch me going at warp speed! You would not want to eat me because I have worm holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment